Reading Intervention Behind School Walls: Why Your Child Continues to Struggle
by Faith Borkowsky
Is reading a struggle for your child? Does it cause your child stress or embarrassment? Are you confused by the mixed messages received from teachers and other professionals?
Whether your child is just beginning to learn to read or has been a “lifer” in intervention services, this parent-friendly book will help you understand the causes of reading difficulties and how you can support your child.
In Reading Intervention Behind School Walls, the author shares her personal experiences and depth of knowledge about literacy education to explore questions you may have, such as:
- Can your child really read?
- Why hasn’t your child progressed despite years of intervention?
- When does reading comprehension begin?
- Can any reading program guarantee success?
- What can be done to ensure all students have a firm foundation for learning?
In addition to parents, proactive teachers and administrators interested in changing the hearts, minds, and actions of school district decision makers will come away with solutions that address the current literacy challenges in our schools.